- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Maldon salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch of Broccolini or broccoli, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sprouted almonds
How to make this recipe
- Make the dukka Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate; toast until golden and the skins blister, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and rub off the skins.
- In a small skillet, toast the coriander and cumin seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, shaking the pan, 2 to 3 minutes. In a mortar or mini food processor, pound the seeds until finely ground. Add the hazelnuts, sesame seeds, pepper and Maldon salt to the mortar and crush the hazelnuts into 1/4-inch bits.
- Make the dressing In a blender, combine the tahini, tamari, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, parsley and honey. Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables Set a steamer basket over, but not in, a large saucepan of boiling water. Add the snap peas, cover and steam until tender, 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the snap peas to a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet to cool slightly. Add the Broccolini to the steamer basket, cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the Broccolini to the rack to drain. Add the asparagus to the steamer basket, cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the peas, Broccolini and asparagus with 1/2 cup of the tahini dressing and 3 tablespoons of the dukka. Garnish with the sprouted almonds and more dukka. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
The dukka can be kept in an airtight container for 2 weeks. The tahini dressing can be refrigerated for 4 days.