- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce
- 2 large green tomatoes (6 to 8 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded basil leaves
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- One 5-inch square of store-bought corn bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (4 cups)
How to make this recipe
In a large salad bowl, combine the olive oil and vinegar; season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Add the green tomatoes, green pepper, basil and scallions and toss. Just before serving, add the corn bread and toss gently.
A light-style Sauvignon Blanc is tailor-made for the equally tart and herbal flavors of the tomatoes, green peppers and scallions in this corn bread panzanella. Try one from the Marlborough region of New Zealand.