Green Tartare Sauce
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 cup
Try to make this a day ahead to allow the piquant flavors to develop. Leftover sauce is delicious on tuna sandwiches or with fish or chicken.
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1/4 cup chopped cornichons or gherkins
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine the shallot, capers and cornichons and pulse until finely chopped. Add the mayonnaise, chives, parsley, dill, lemon juice, mustard and pepper and process to blend. With the machine on, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream.