- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1/4 cup chopped cornichons or gherkins
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, combine the shallot, capers and cornichons and pulse until finely chopped. Add the mayonnaise, chives, parsley, dill, lemon juice, mustard and pepper and process to blend. With the machine on, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream.
The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.