Green Salad with Tangy Mustard Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
The combination of grapes, cheese and walnuts in this salad may seem unusual at Thanksgiving, but it makes for a refreshing side to what's usually a very rich meal.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 medium shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces mixed baby greens (12 packed cups)
- 1 cup of halved grapes
- 1 cup of chopped and toasted walnuts
- 1 cup of crumbled Roquefort cheese
- In a medium jar, combine the vinegar, mustard, shallot and parsley; cover and shake until smooth. Add the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and shake the vinaigrette until blended.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens, grapes, walnuts and cheese. Shake the vinaigrette again, pour it over the greens and toss. Serve right away.
Make Ahead The vinaigrette can be made up to four hours ahead.