Green Salad with Nutty Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
This simple salad has a nicely nutty dressing made with both walnut and hazelnut oils. It's garnished with pleasantly spicy yellow tatsoi blossoms, when David Kinch has them in his garden.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound baby greens such as baby lolla rossa (12 cups)
- 1 ounce edible flowers such as tatsoi, nasturtiums or marigolds (optional)
- In a salad bowl, whisk the mustard and vinegar. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, followed by the walnut and hazelnut oils. Season with salt and pepper. Add the greens and flowers, toss gently and serve
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.