- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound spinach, tough stems removed
- 1 large head of red oak leaf lettuce
How to make this recipe
In a small skillet, toast the caraway over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Let cool, then crush with the side of a heavy knife.
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice and caraway. Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and lettuce, toss well and serve.