© Jonny Valiant
Green Salad with Chorizo Chips
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Instead of croutons, consider making these crisp little chorizo bites to crunch up your salad.
More Green Salad Recipes to Try
- 6 ounces dry chorizo, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Spanish green olives, sliced
- 4 ounces mesclun
- 2 heads baby Bibb lettuce, leaves torn
- Line a large microwave-safe plate with paper towels. Arrange half of the chorizo slices on the plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave at high power for 1 minute; the fat should be rendered and the chorizo slightly browned. If it is not yet browned, cover and microwave at 20-second intervals until done. Transfer the cooked chorizo to a plate to cool; it will crisp as it cools. Repeat with the remaining chorizo.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar and the shallots with the olive oil and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the celery, radishes, olives, mesclun and Bibb lettuce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the chorizo chips and serve right away.
Bright, zippy Vinho Verde from Portugal.