- 1/2 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 5-ounce bag mesclun greens
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado—peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted shelled pistachios
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, whisk the chopped shallot with the red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mesclun greens, fennel, cucumber, bell pepper and onion and toss. Add the avocado slices and crumbled goat cheese, season with salt and pepper and gently toss the salad again. Sprinkle the pistachios on the salad and serve right away.
Fresh, minerally Sauvignon Blanc from South Africa.