© Con Poulos
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 1/2 cups
This creamy Spanish almond sauce uses green bell and poblano peppers instead of the usual red peppers. It’s lovely spread on corn or stirred into a fresh shell-bean stew.
Slideshow: Spanish Recipes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 large poblano chile, stemmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, halved and peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400°. On a baking sheet, toss the bell pepper, poblano and garlic with the oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, until softened. Scatter the almonds on top and roast for 8 minutes, until lightly golden. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a food processor with the cilantro, vinegar and water; process to a chunky puree. Season the romesco with salt and pepper and serve.