- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 5 small Thai chiles
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest and 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 lime zest
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 cups lightly packed julienned green papaya (from a 3-pound fruit)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Thai or regular basil, sliced into 1/4-inch ribbons
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a pie plate, toast the nuts until golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
In a food processor, combine the chiles, garlic, lime zest and juice, fish sauce, honey and salt. Puree until smooth.
In a medium bowl, toss the papaya with the green beans, tomatoes, basil and cilantro. Add the vinaigrette and toss again. Fold in the nuts and serve.