Green Olive-Orange Dressing
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 1/2 cups
Terrific Green Salads
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a nonreactive saucepan, simmer the orange juice over moderate heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Add the olive oil, olives, vinegar and fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to blend.
Serve WithSpicy greens like chicory.