Green Olive Tapenade
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3/4 CUP
Serve this salty, intensely flavorful relish on toast rounds. You can also toss it with pasta.
- 1 cup green brine-cured olives, such as Sicilian or picholine (about 5 ounces), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cognac
- In a food processor, combine the olives, anchovies, capers and parsley and process to a paste. Scrape the paste into a small bowl and stir in the olive oil and Cognac.