- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 1/2 cups large green pitted olives, such as Sicilia (3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 large slices of crusty bread
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a food processor, process the garlic, olives, capers and olive oil to a coarse paste.
- Toast the bread on the oven rack for 6 minutes, or until crisp and browned. Spread the olive paste thickly over the toasts and serve.
Make AheadThe olive paste can be refrigerated for 2 days. Let return to room temperature before using.