Green Olive and Walnut Crostini
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: MAKES 16 CROSTINI
This chunky, nutty green-olive topping was inspired by tapenade, the Provençal black-olive spread.
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (2 ounces)
- 1/4 pound Picholine or other green olives, pitted and finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick and toasted
- 3/4 cup soft goat cheese (6 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool, then finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix the olives, walnuts, olive oil, anchovies and garlic.
- Spread each slice of toasted baguette with 2 teaspoons of the goat cheese and top with 1 tablespoon of the olive mixture. Arrange the crostini on a platter and serve.