- 1/2 packed cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 packed cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 small jalapeños, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, pulse the spinach, parsley, paprika, cumin, cardamom, coriander, jalapeños, garlic, lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice and orange juice until the greens are chopped. With the machine on, add the oil and puree. Season with salt and pepper.
The harissa can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
One Tablespoon 97 cal, 11 gm fat, 1.5 gm sat fat, 1 gm carb, 0 gm fiber, 0 gm protein.