- 2 oil-packed anchovies, drained
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 1-pound loaf of ciabatta—bottom crust reserved for another use, bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- One 2-pound rotisserie chicken—skin and bones discarded, meat pulled into large bite-size pieces
- 8 piquillo peppers (from a 9.8-ounce jar), drained and quartered lengthwise
- 3 inner celery ribs with leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, pulse the anchovies, garlic, parsley, basil, dill and oregano until coarsely chopped. Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and process until smooth. Fold in the chives; season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the ciabatta with the chicken, piquillo peppers, celery and olives. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
This robust salad could go with either a rosé or a light red like a Pinot Noir; both have good acidity and generous flavors.