Green-Ginger Iced Tea
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HRS
- SERVINGS: makes about 2 quarts
- Basic Simple Syrup
- One 3-inch slice of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 8 cups cold water
- 8 green tea bags
- Ice cubes
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Prepare the Basic Simple Syrup as directed, adding half of the sliced ginger before bringing it to a boil. Remove from the heat and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain the ginger syrup into a large measuring cup.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining sliced ginger with the cold water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Let steep for 6 minutes. Strain the tea into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the tea into a large pitcher and stir in 1 cup of the ginger syrup, or more to taste; refrigerate the rest for later use. Serve in tall glasses over ice, garnished with lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.