- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 2/3 cup
"I love green chutney prepared with fresh mint, cilantro and green mango," says Suvir Savan. "When I'm in India I'm ecstatically happy for the simple reason that I get to eat it every single day." This chutney is traditionally made with a sil batta, a tremendously versatile stone grinder. A blender also does the job easily.
- 3/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 serrano or jalapeño chile with seeds, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and process until smooth.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.