© Kirsten Strecker
Green-Chile Burgers with Fried Eggs
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 1/4 pounds ground chuck, preferably organic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound mild American blue cheese, such as Maytag Blue Cheese, cut into 4 thin slices
- 4 large eggs
- 4 brioche buns, split
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Green-Chile Relish, warmed up
- Light a grill. Gently form the beef into 4 thick patties and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred on the outside and medium-rare within, about 5 minutes per side. Just before the burgers are done, top each one with a slice of cheese and let it melt.
- Meanwhile, heat a large cast-iron skillet and brush it lightly with oil. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook sunny-side up over moderate heat, about 4 minutes. Spread the cut sides of the buns with the melted butter and toast on the grill. Transfer the burgers to the buns. Top with the Green-Chile Relish and the fried eggs and serve.