© Quentin Bacon
Green Beans with Onions and Capers
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Plus: Ultimate Holiday Guide
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 anchovies, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add the anchovies and capers; cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the beans, season with pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve at once.