- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 anchovies, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add the anchovies and capers; cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the beans, season with pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.