- 1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, plus small sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 small red chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until tender, 6 minutes. Drain and let cool. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the eggs are scrambled, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs to the beans.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro, walnuts, garlic, jalapeño, red chile and dill seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro sprigs just before serving.
The green lobio can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.