Green Beans with Eggs, Chiles and Cilantro
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, plus small sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 small red chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until tender, 6 minutes. Drain and let cool. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the eggs are scrambled, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs to the beans.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro, walnuts, garlic, jalapeño, red chile and dill seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro sprigs just before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.