Green Beans with Cumin and Mustard Seeds
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- In a large skillet, toast the mustard and cumin seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant and slightly darkened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the oil in the skillet. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the beans, toasted seeds and the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.