- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the tarragon, rosemary, lemon zest and orange zest. Season the gremolata with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, cook the garlic in the butter over moderately high heat until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beans, toss to coat and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cover tightly and bring to a boil. Cook until the beans are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the lid and cook, tossing occasionally, until the broth is nearly evaporated and the beans are tender, about 4 minutes longer. <strong> For Kids</strong> Transfer half of the beans to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. <strong>For Adults</strong> Add the gremolata to the beans in the skillet and toss until fragrant. Stir in the orange and lemon juices and transfer the green beans to a bowl. Serve right away.