Green Beans Simmered with Caramelized Onions
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 20 minutes. Add the green beans, chicken broth and thyme, cover and simmer over moderately low heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Add the butter and cook, stirring until melted. Discard the thyme sprig. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.