- 2 cups (3 ounces) crustless white bread (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted roasted almonds
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. On a baking sheet, toss the bread with 1 tablespoon of oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes, until golden. Cool, then finely chop. Transfer to a bowl; stir in the almonds.
Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the green beans with the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add the orange zest, orange juice, tarragon and basil and toss. Transfer the beans to a platter, top with the almond crumble and serve.
The crumble can be stored in an airtight container overnight.