Â© Fredrika StjÃ¤rne
Green Beans in Cherry Tomato Sauce
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 10
- 2 pounds green beans
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook over high heat until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the tomatoes, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the green beans, season with salt and simmer over moderate heat until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve the beans warm or at room temperature.
Make AheadThe beans can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.