Green Bean-Tomato Salad with Herbs
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 2 pounds green beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until they are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the green beans under cold water until they are chilled; pat the green beans dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mustard with the vinegar. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the green beans, tarragon, chives and thyme and toss to coat. Add the tomatoes, toss gently and serve.
The French Riviera is famous for fragrant, light-bodied, dry rosés made from Carignane, Cinsaut, Grenache and Mourvèdre grapes. Look for one with crisp acidity and fresh berry flavors to serve with this dish.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.