Green Bean-and-Tomato Salad with Tarragon Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
This supersimple bean-and-tomato salad, tossed with a tarragon-flavored dressing, is perfect for summertime picnics, like the kind Paul Virant's mother would prepare when he was a child. "She would make tomato salad, potato salad and fried chicken the night before, so we'd have everything ready the next day," he says.
- 2 pounds green and yellow string beans
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the beans until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the beans and spread them on a large baking sheet to cool. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the shallots and tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Place the beans and tomatoes in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss well. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.