- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large Granny Smith apple—peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, combine the cider vinegar with the shallot, mustard and salt and puree. With the machine on, gradually add the olive oil until blended, then mix in the boiling water.
- In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the green beans until barely tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the beans and spread them out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet; let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the tomatoes, apple, onion, parsley and chives. Add the dressing, toss well and serve.
The cider dressing and blanched green beans can be refrigerated separately in airtight containers overnight.