- 2 pounds green and yellow string beans
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
How to make this recipe
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the beans until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the beans and spread them on a large baking sheet to cool. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the shallots and tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Place the beans and tomatoes in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss well. Transfer to a platter and serve.
The cooked beans and dressing can be refrigerated separately overnight. Bring to room temperature before tossing.