- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chilled club soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces thin green beans, trimmed
- 6 scallions, cut into 3-inch lengths, plus sliced scallions for garnish
- 1 fresh hot red chile, thinly sliced
- Soy sauce, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the club soda, baking powder, salt and sesame oil.
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the green beans and scallion pieces and stir-fry over moderately high heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the red chile and pour the batter evenly on top. Cook over moderate heat until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Slide the pancake onto a plate, then invert it into the skillet and cook until browned on the second side, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Transfer to a platter and cut into wedges. Garnish with sliced scallions and serve with soy sauce.