- 5 red bell peppers
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the broiler. Roast the peppers under the broiler or over a gas flame, turning a few times, until charred all over; transfer to a work surface and let cool. Discard the skin, stems and seeds and cut the peppers into 2-by-1-inch strips.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallots with the garlic, red wine and sherry vinegars and a large pinch of salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and spread out on a large baking sheet. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers with the beans, tomatoes, mint and parsley. Add the shallot dressing and toss well. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.