Green Bean-and-Blood Orange Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 2 pounds thin green beans
- 6 large blood oranges
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Cook the beans in the boiling water until bright green and al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge the beans into the ice water. Drain again and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, peel 4 of the oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections into the bowl. Zest one of the remaining oranges and juice both of them. Transfer the juice to a saucepan and add the vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil, then simmer over moderate heat until reduced to a syrup, 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Transfer the beans and orange sections to a platter and drizzle the syrup on top. Garnish with the orange zest and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.