© Frances Janisch
Green and Yellow Bean Salad with Ricotta Salata
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound thin green beans
- 1/2 pound yellow wax beans
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons Niçoise olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 pound ricotta salata, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and fill a large bowl with ice water. Add the green beans to the saucepan and boil until just tender, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to the ice water. Return the water to a boil. Add the yellow wax beans and cook until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to the ice water and let cool. Drain the beans and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar and shallots. Add the beans, tomatoes, olives and half of the ricotta salata and toss; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the salad to plates, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and serve.