- 1 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound in all), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound ziti
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large frying pan, simmer the chicken broth and the oregano until 1/2 cup of liquid remains in the pan, about 4 minutes. Stir in the chicken cubes, cover the pan, and remove it from the heat. Let the chicken steam in the hot broth until just done, about 8 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ziti until just done, about 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss it with the chicken mixture, the feta, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley. Stir until the cheese is completely melted. Toss in the cherry tomatoes.
The acidity of the feta cheese and the lemon juice in this dish will work best with a light, fruity, just plain gulpable red wine. If you're feeling adventurous, try a Greek one such as Demestica.