- 3/4 cup medium bulgur (4 ounces), rinsed
- Hot water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, cover the bulgur with 2 inches of hot water and let soak for about 20 minutes, until tender. Drain the bulgur in a fine sieve, pressing firmly to release the excess water. Wipe out the bowl.
In the same bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil. Add the bulgur, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, feta, olives, parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Let stand for 10 minutes and toss once more before serving.
The tabbouleh salad can be refrigerated for up to 8 hours before serving.