Greek-Style Shrimp with Tomatoes, Feta and Dill
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
More Greek Recipes
More Delicious Shrimp Dishes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 pound jumbo shrimpshelled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 6 inches from the heat. In a medium ovenproof skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the shrimp and tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook until the shrimp just begin to curl, about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir the dill and lemon juice into the shrimp. Sprinkle with the feta and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Broil for about 2 minutes, until the feta is golden brown and the shrimp are white throughout. Serve with crusty bread.