Greek Salad with Garlicky Pita Toasts
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- Two 8-inch pocketless pita breads
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cucumber—peeled, halved, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 12 large, cracked green olives
- 3 pickled green peppers (peperoncini), thinly sliced
- 2 pickled red cherry peppers—seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Brush the pita breads on both sides with olive oil and bake on the oven rack until golden, about 8 minutes. Rub the toasts on both sides with the garlic and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the oregano; season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, olives, pickled peppers and capers and toss. Scatter the feta on top, toss lightly and serve with the toasts.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.