© Kana Okada
Greek Salad Skewers with Anchovy Aioli
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 36 skewers
For a playful presentation, slide a fat, flat slice of cucumber onto the bottom of each skewer so these hors d'oeuvres can stand upright on a serving platter.
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small seedless English cucumber (about 3/4 pound)—peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, preferably French, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 36 whole tiny cherry tomatoes or 18 halved grape tomatoes
- In a small bowl, using a spoon, mash the anchovies and garlic to a paste. Whisk in the vinegar, followed by the mayonnaise. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and transfer to a small bowl.
- Arrange the cucumbers on a work surface. Top each with a cube of feta followed by a tomato. Poke a 4-inch skewer or toothpick through each stack and transfer to a platter. Serve the skewers along with the aioli.
Make AheadThe Greek salad skewers can be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
Floral, complex Greek white.