- 1 medium cucumber—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt or Homemade Greek Yogurt
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 6 pickled peperoncini, stemmed and cut into thin rings
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced mustard greens or kale
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 6 Ladopsomo Breads or grilled pocketless pitas
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, process the chopped cucumber until minced. Transfer to a kitchen towel. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and transfer the cucumber to a bowl.
- In the food processor, combine the yogurt, roasted peppers, garlic, dill and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and process until smooth. Add the yogurt mixture to the drained cucumber and stir well. Season the tzatziki with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar with the olive oil and oregano. Add the Kirby cucumber, olives, peperoncini, radishes, tomatoes, mustard greens, onion and feta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of tzatziki onto each bread and top with the salad. Serve right away.