- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
With lots of ouzo, fennel and dill, this marinade packs great anise flavor. Melissa Rubel Jacobson says to leave it on for 30 minutes for a mild taste or up to 4 hours for more intensity.
Plus: Chicken Recipes and Tips
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Six 1-inch strips of lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together. Place the chicken in a large, resealable bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and brush liberally with vegetable oil. Scrape any marinade off the chicken, season it generously with salt and pepper and grill.
Serve With Cucumber and herb salad.
Cherry-scented Greek rosé.