- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, tossing frequently, until golden and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots with the parsley, olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the pine nuts and serve.
The carrot salad can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.