- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 Anjou pear—peeled, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into thin wedges
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice with the shallot, ginger and wasabi paste and season with salt.
Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruits, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a large serving bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Add the fennel, pear and kiwi to the bowl along with the dressing. Toss gently and serve right away.