- 4 pounds red grapes, stemmed
- One 750-milliliter bottle dry sparkling wine, such as Prosecco, chilled
- 8 mint sprigs
How to make this recipe
- Thinly slice 1 cup of the grapes and refrigerate. In a food processor, coarsely chop the remaining grapes in batches. Transfer the chopped grapes to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the grapes have released most of their juice, 5 minutes.
- Working in batches, strain the grape juice into a bowl, pressing hard on the solids. You should have about 3 1/2 cups of juice; refrigerate until cold.
- Divide the sliced grapes equally among 8 Champagne flutes. Pour the chilled fresh grape juice into the flutes and top with the sparkling wine. Garnish each drink with a mint sprig and serve right away.
The grape juice can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.