- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: Makes one 15-by-11-inch sheet
Bark is the easiest chocolate bar you can make, and you can tailor it to your taste. Top Chef winner Nicholas Elmi likes his with pistachios, dried fruit and granola. We made his recipe with one of our favorite granola brands, Early Bird's Farmhand's Choice.
- 1 pound dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 1/4 cups granola (5 ounces)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place two-thirds of the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water; make sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir over moderately low heat until the chocolate is melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the remaining chocolate until melted, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Scrape the chocolate onto the baking sheet and spread it in a 1/2-inch-thick layer. Let the bark cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 1 week.