Granny's Roasted Spuds
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
Celebrity chef Curtis Stone knows his way around a potato: These are perfectly crisp and heady with the aromas of rosemary, thyme, garlic and shallots.
- 3 pounds large Yukon Gold or medium baking potatoes—peeled, halved lengthwise and cut in half crosswise on the diagonal
- 5 large unpeeled shallots, quartered lengthwise
- 3 large unpeeled garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 4 medium rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Set a large rimmed baking sheet on the lowest rack of the oven. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the shallots, garlic, rosemary sprigs, thyme, olive oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and scrape the potatoes onto it, spreading them in an even layer. Roast on the bottom rack for 40 to 45 minutes, turning occasionally, until the potatoes are golden and crisp. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.