- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs, from half a sleeve
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Spray an 8-by-4-inch glass loaf pan with vegetable oil spray. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter with the granulated sugar and dark brown sugar. In a medium bowl, whisk the cake flour with the graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the whole milk, cream, eggs and vanilla. Beating at medium speed, add the dry and liquid ingredients to the butter mixture in 3 alternating batches.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the lower third of the oven for about 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn the pound cake out onto a rack to cool completely.
Nutty late-harvest Sémillon.