Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sundaes with Raspberries
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 55 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Paul Kahan's pastry chef at Blackbird, Tara Lane, created this ridiculously simple ode to the classic campfire dessert s'mores. "I love hidden flavors," she says, which is why she folds nutty graham cracker crumbs into vanilla ice cream and adds a splash of balsamic vinegar to the luscious brown butter sauce.
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (7 ounces)
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pints raspberries
- In a standing mixer or working in batches in a food processor, blend the softened ice cream with the graham cracker crumbs. Transfer to a plastic container, press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the ice cream, cover and freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, cook the butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer the browned butter to a heatproof bowl and stir in the vinegar.
- Spoon the berries into bowls and drizzle with the warm brown-butter balsamic sauce. Scoop the ice cream over the berries and serve right away.
A lightly sweet, fruity Lindemans Framboise raspberry lambic ale from Belgium will echo the ripe berries Tara Lane serves with the ice cream.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.